Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Cleaning: It's Not Just for Your Home

Spring is definitely in the air.

Isn't it a wonderful feeling?

Time to enjoy the warmer days and the scent of cherry blossoms.



This time of year, I feel even more hopeful and blessed. Spring to me is a time of new beginnings and renewal. Anything seems possible. What a feeling that is!

It's also a time that many people still equate with a good old-fashioned top to bottom, stem to stern house-cleaning. Let the fresh air in, clean out the closets and garage. Wash those windows and curtains. Feel the warmth and sunshine pouring in. Savor the clean, sparkling spaces.

I think it's also a great opportunity to take stock of our own personal inner space. What kind of "clutter" have we left to accumulate over time?

 Perhaps a grudge that's gone on to long with a family member? An impossible to achieve "to do" list? Email accounts crammed to overflowing? A project that has lost it's appeal and has languished on the shelf for months?Or maybe a major change in life that you've been putting off for a long time and know that something has to change and soon?

Spring. It can be so much more than the awakening of the earth and warm, sunny days. It can also be a new beginning and awakening for all of us.

A good opportunity/reminder to take some quiet time to reflect and once again reconnect with that still, small voice inside. It never let's us down. It always there if we take the time to listen. 


Happy Spring!
                   

PS: The cherry blossoms are not out here yet (in Interior BC) so I'm sharing a file photo, one of my all-time favs. Hope you enjoy it too!

5 comments:

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Thanks for this Geraldine!
We're still waiting for our blossoms, so the phot is wonderful.
Happy Spring!
Brenda

Teri said...

Ah, what a gorgeous harbinger of spring!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph said...

Love the photo and spring is a good time for all kinds of new beginnings.

Anonymous said...

There is something truly pretty about a cherry blossom. What a gorgeous photo. I think my mind needs a spring clean and even though it is autumn here you have inspired me to do something about it!

Geraldine said...

Hi Brenda, This is one of my all-time fav photos, I also have a version that includes a haiku poem I wrote, over at My Poetic Path. This is a tree on our main street and it never fails to dazzle me when it's in bloom.

Hi Teri, Thanks Teri! I love all the "spring things" over at your blog too, always a joy to stop in.

Hi Joe, It certainly can be!

Hi Selma, Aren't they? I re-read this post a couple of times myself recently to remind myself to ditch the clutter too. Hope it was helpful.

Happy Week, G

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...