Friday, April 8, 2011

Speaking of Toast...

                   
...in yesterday's post, that is!

                                           
                                                  
This photo and post from my recipe/craft blog came to mind.
                                            
Some of the best things in life are the most basic of pleasures.

What could be finer or more satisfying than freshly made and lovingly served:

Toast, Jam and Tea


Savor the Simple Pleasures.


Wishing you a wonderful Weekend!

                              
PS: A very easy jam recipe is included in the link above.

6 comments:

Teri said...

Gee, I didn't even know about your other Blog. Thanks for always starting my day right. I love toast also and thanks for the recipes! They sound yummy.

Happy day to you also.

SandyCarlson said...

I love this. You are so right. I am going to make French toast for my daughter and her five friends tomorrow morning. I can't wait. God bless.

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Toast and jam is usually my breakfast, I love it. These recipes look good. Your photo makes this simple meal look very appealing, and I like your dishes with cats.:)
Brenda

Noel Morata said...

aloha,

love the simple jam recipes...i'll have to do some with my tropical fruits

Anonymous said...

Geraldine, you have no idea how much I love tea and toast. My grandmother used to make the most delicious blackberry jam. I'll never forget the smell of it when she popped the lid on the jar. It was amazing. Think I'll go and put the kettle on.....

Geraldine said...

Hi Teri, I have FOUR blogs now, I'm amazed myself. I'm focusing on this one and my review blog right now, but there are lots of recipes etc, in the archives over at my WP homes. The jams are easy, fresh-tasting and yummy too!

Hi SandyC, French toast and blueberry jam, it doesn't get much better. Dell's a lucky girl to have you for a mom!

Hi Brenda, Me too. I love homemade bread (which I make at least a couple of times a week here) and jam. Yummm...I like these plates too.

Hi Noel,The tropical fruit idea is great Noel. Pineapple, oh so yummy!

Hi Sel, Jams and jellies and our grans, always the memories come together, don't they. My "Big Ma" made beautiful crab-apple jelly every summer (complete with jelly jars and wax on top). Ill never forget it. Lovely memories.

Happy Weekend, G

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...