Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Beating the Heat! A Late Summer Haiku

                                   
                      

                    
Hope this photo and haiku  helps a bit, with your own "beat the heat"efforts; if you are having hot, hot..weather where you are.

Here in BC, we had a very late start to the summer heat but this past few days, the temps. have soared and the heat has truly arrived, with a bang!

Too hot for my liking but what can ya do!!!


I found this lovely cooling scene yesterday while out and about, visiting our local park. A painting did come to mind. One that I hope to do myself, in the future.

In the meantime (try to...) stay cool and Happy Week!


PS: If you are looking for a wonderful (my new absolute favorite!) summer yarn choice for some late summer knitting or crocheting, you might also enjoy this new review over at My Real Life Reviews:  Patons Pure 100% Organic Cotton Yarn.

14 comments:

Teri said...

The haiku and cool flowers are beauitful and were made for each other.

Oh yes, I think you should paint these beauties.

Margie said...

I agree with Teri on all counts!
Loved it!

Margie x

Anonymous said...

Thee is something cooling about the lighter shades of purple. I always find them to be particularly soothing. And I definitely think you should paint them. That would be lovely!

Lorraine said...

Oh Sweet G. this is so beautiful, lovely lovely art

Geraldine said...

Hi Teri, Thanks Teri. I just love this "combo" of stones and flowers, I never know when I take a photo if Ill like it or not at the time!

Hi Margie, Thanks dear M!

Hi Sel, Me too Sel. Very soothing and cooling.

Hi Lorraine, Thanks L. Hope things are on the upswing again with you.

Happy Mid-week, G :<)

Anonymous said...

This is a perfect combination!

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Geraldine,
This is a beautiful photo. The colours are great.

I can sympathize with you, we had very high temperatures over the last two weeks, but this week has been cooler, and it is so welcome!
Herbert and Arthur did not do well when the temp. was comparable to 40 with the humidity. (we don't have air conditioning and live on the top floor of the building.)

I hope things cool down again for you soon too.

I hope you enjoy painting this!
Hugs,
Brenda

SandyCarlson said...

As soothing as it is beautiful, this post.

Lorraine said...

you mean my little temper tantrum yesterday...hmmm they happen about once every 4 years or so....;)

Geraldine said...

Hi SandyL, Thank you for the lovely compliment!

Hi Brenda, It's a bit cooler here today, I hope it lasts. I'm ready to do a rain dance!!! Hope you are enjoying your time off.

Hi SandyC, Soothing, I like that!

Hi Lorraine, I commented over at your blog. Tantrum???

Hugs and Happy Thursday, G :<)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your photo illustrates your haiku perfectly.

Joseph said...

This photo LOOKS like a painting. I love the colors and the detail in the rocks and petals. Great haiku too. A perfect match.

Lorraine said...

oh that temper tantrum that was the one I threw at Devika, I could never throw a tantrum at you, gosh you'resuch a lovely lady, not thatDev, isn't wonderful in her own rights, she can be provocative at times, gosh...you scared me xxx

Geraldine said...

Hi Lisa, Great to read this, thank you!

Hi Joe, I agree, more and more as I look at this photo, I want to paint it. I'll keep it in mind for later!

Hi Lorraine, Mystery revealed! Thanks.

Hugs and happy Friday, G :<)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...