Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Bun Dance!

                        
I love the word "abundance" and all that it brings to mind.

I've previously featured Abundance as my Word of the Week over at My Poetic Path, you can read that post here and also another post here at Happy Break.

I also think it's kind of cool to break down the syllables in a word such as abundance to see something entirely new, in this case:

A Bun Dance!

Conjure up that picture in your mind! Wouldn't that be a hoot! A room full of dancing buns!!! Now that's my kind of party. LOL

Unfortunately, I didn't have a picture of a bunch of dancing buns of any kind to share but I do have this one from Not Just for Vegetarians, featuring a rather nice burger bun and some other summer favorites too.





I'm including the links to two of the recipes in this photo if you want to check them out and/or give them a try: Veggie Chick Burgers and Bread-Machine Rosemary Flax Buns. All the recipes in the photo are featured in Not Just for Vegetarians. And another favorite summer recipe you might enjoy: Simply the Best Potato Salad.


Here's to dancing buns!!!! And delicious buns.


And summer days, filled with good food and fun!
                              

Wishing you all kinds of abundance too.




***


PS: And some new posts at my other blogs:


At My Poetic Path: Haiku Reflections: A Dash of Color in the Rain

At My Real Life Reviews: Live Clean Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo

At Veggies,Yarns and Tails: Summer Craft Projects: Dishcloths and Washcloths

12 comments:

Lorraine said...

You are Cool! I love playing with words and this one is delish ;)

Paz said...

I totally agree with Lorraine! you are very cool!
I visualized a bunch of buns dancing, and burgers as well and it made feel very happy and hungry too! hahaha Now I'm craving for a burger!

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

Fun, Ger!
Sounds like a hoot!
Brenda

Deborah~Westlander Poetry said...

A bun dance ... as a lover of all things bread, this one particularly tickled my fancy!!

Cheers & thanks for a fun post!

~Deborah

Tammie Lee said...

oh gosh, this photo makes me hungry and I did not think that I was.

Geraldine said...

Hi Lorraine, Thanks so much. It is kind of delish, isn't it, in all ways!

Hi Paz, Welcome to Happy Break! I can see the buns now, dancing around the room. I'm getting hungry too, time to stop for lunch.

Hi Brenda, I agree! Maybe your kids could draw this scene? I think they might like the suggestion.

Hi Deb, I hear ya, I love all things bread and buns too. Congrats on the new blog!

Hi Tammie, Nothing like a good food photo to stir up the "hungries" I agree!

Happy Dancing and Day, G

Anonymous said...

I am hungry now, too. Although I don't know if I could say

" Hey Bun, stop your dancing and climb up on my plate!"

Margie said...

Dancing buns!
Fun!

Margie said...

Meant to add loved your play on words!

Teri said...

What a fantastic word! I am going to think of it every time I see abundance. So clever and fun.

Joseph said...

This is very cute and the buns in the photo are delicious. We've enjoyed these over and over.

Geraldine said...

Hi SandyL, I like that, thanks for the laughs!!!

Hi Margie, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Hi Teri, I love playing with words and this one certainly has a lot of "potential" both ways, I agree.

Hi Joe, One of my fav recipes, never fail, always delish.

Happy Weekend everyone, G

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...