Sunday, May 15, 2011

Word of the Week: Dreams



1350361309_381125c14f_o
                     

Sweet Dreams
                               
In my dream, there is a staircase.
Leading up to the sun and warming rays.
There is an answer waiting there.
At the top of the stairs.
But it has not been reached.
Still to be revealed.
It will remain.
A sweet and soothing dream.
Awakening to peace and renewal.
There is hope to be found.
Gazing towards the light.
Hope that sustains on even the darkest days.
And weaves through the longest of nights.
In dreams we travel across time and space.
We draw near to those loved ones already passed.
They are there, always waiting.
Interacting with us in the ways still allowed to them.
And wonders to us, in turn.
Sometimes bringing them closer than even those left behind.
If only we remain open to their voices.
Fragile and fleeting, yet clear.
Sweet dreams.
Keep me moving towards the light.
Still my overworked heart.
Calm my mind from the pressures that overwhelm.
These too shall pass.
And again, I will journey forward.
Safely on my way.
The path, meant to be.
Not those of life’s detours.
Or roads best left behind.
                 
                     
GHH/ 2009
                            
                          
                               
       A "dreamy" poem I wrote a while back.

                     I thought it was a good choice to share with this "Word of the Week".                  

Wishing you a wonderful week, filled with happy day and night dreams!

Staircase photo (I love it!) courtesy of my blog pal: Caroline Brown.

9 comments:

Joseph said...

I love this poem. It is true that dreams take us on a journey that can lead to many places and people. Caroline's photo is perfect for this post.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever notice that our dreams always lead us up? There must be a reason for that, don't you think? This beautiful poem makes me want to climb the stairs.

Mullin Avenue Workshop said...

This is an awesome poem, Geraldine.
I love it.
Thank you for sharing this poem, and the word Dream.
Happy week,
Hugs,
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Yes. Yes. Yes. Dreams are the stuff of life. I really don't know what I would do without them. Life would be just so bleak, you know?

Love your poem. My favourite line is - 'Hope that sustains on even thedarkest days.'

I SO agree with that. Dreams sustain me over and over again!

Teri said...

Geraldine, this is just gorgeous!! And here is the awesome part...I just 'met' a lady on Flickr who makes mandalas after a dream or vision. Dream really is the word for the week.

I really love this poem. So beautiful and well, dreamy.

Geraldine said...

Hi Joe, I agree. And also about Caroline's photo, one of my favorites.

Hi SandyL, And that's a good thing, isn't it? Going down would certainly not have the same positive feel to it. Thanks for your kind words Sandy.

Hi Brenda, I'm glad you enjoyed it Brenda and a very happy week to you.

Hi Sel, They can be so sustaining, can't they? I agree. I love a good dream, daytime or night!

Hi Teri, How interesting about the meeting on Flickr. I hope you do some dream mandalas too, that would be so cool.Thank you for the lovely compliment.

May all your dreams (the good ones of course) come true!

Hugs, G

SandyCarlson said...

I love this. Like I can't even tell you. Thank you.

Margie said...

I loved this poem and what a lovely blog you have!
Take A happy Break is just what I did on my visit!

Geraldine said...

Hi SandyC, You are so kind, thank you!

Hi Margie, Welcome and I'm so glad you enjoyed a happy break here.

Happy Week, G

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...